Southern California Cool Poblano Shrimp Wraps
- 8 poblano peppers, roasted and cut into strips, 1/2 inch wide
- 1 lb. shrimp, deveined, no tails
- 1 tube of pastry cut into strips, 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- Juice of one lime
- Zest of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lime Sour Cream Drizzle
- 1 (8-oz.) container of sour cream
- 1 roasted jalapeno, seeded
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 roasted/grilled chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Begin by roasting the poblano and jalapeno in your oven at 500°F for about 7 minutes.
- Put blackened peppers in separate brown paper or plastic bags and seal shut; allow peppers to cool, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers from bag or container and peel off the blackened skin. It should come right off, leaving you with soft flesh.
- Remove the stem and seeds, and cut the flesh into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Lay green onions in the oven to roast for about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add shrimp and shrimp marinade ingredients. Stir to coat. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the ingredients for the Lime Sour Cream Drizzle until smooth and pourable.
- Pour this into a squeeze bottle and also place some in a dipping bowl.
- To assemble wraps: Place a strip of crescent dough onto the parchment-lined sheet pan about 1 inch apart.
- Wrap poblano strip around 1 shrimp in a spiral from head to tail, and then lay it in the center of the crescent dough strip.
- Wrap and cross the strip around and over the shrimp and poblano.
- Place filled sheet pan in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes at 375°F.
- Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT