Louisiana Chicken Sandwich with Fiery Ranch Slaw
||2 hours, 45 minutes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups Mr. Yoshida's® Marinade
- 3 cups shredded slaw mix
- 2/3 cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Light
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 6 hamburger buns
- A few hours before you plan to cook, place the chicken in a glass bowl. Add the Mr. Yoshida's® marinade and refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
- Place the slaw mix in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Hidden Valley® Light Ranch, ketchup and cayenne. Mix well.
- Pour the ranch mixture over the slaw and mix well. Let rest for 5 minutes and mix well again.
- Taste for salt and add if needed.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Prepare the outdoor grill to cook direct over medium heat. Remove the thighs from the marinade and place them on the grill.
- Discard the marinade.
- Cook the thighs, flipping occasionally until golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 180°F. Remove to a platter.
- Place a thigh on each bun bottom, and then top it with a pile of the slaw.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon so that most of the liquid stays in the bowl.
- Replace the bun tops to serve.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT