Washington Bacon-Goat Cheese Lollipops
||20 to 25 minutes
- 15 slices very, very crisp maple bacon
- 8 oz. red wine-infused (nice purple color) or plain goat cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup of crushed pecans
- 2 Tbsp. chopped lemon thyme (or any herb of choice)
- 1 large bunch of red grapes
- 1 grilled loaf of ciabatta bread, cut into 20, 1/2-inch squares
Butter for Grilling Ciabatta
- 1/2 lb. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Pinch of chili powder
- Lollipop sticks
- Prepare and grill ciabatta bread: cut in half through the center to give you two thin pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and butter together. Brush the inside and crusty side of both pieces of the bread with the honey butter.
- Lay both inside bread portions on a hot grill until slightly charred and flip for marks on the other side for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Once cooled, cut both portions to get 20 1/2-inch-inch squares.
- Slide ciabatta square onto the stick about 1-1/2 inches down the stick. You may have to puncture the bread with a knife before threading bread onto the stick.
- Carefully place two grapes onto the stick (through the center of the grape) on top of the bread. The grapes should cover the top of the stick. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crumble bacon and then set aside.
- In the food processor, crumble the pecans to the same consistency as the bacon.
- Add the bacon back to the processor and add herbs for one pulse. Place the mixture in a shallow bowl.
- Place your cheeses and honey into cleaned food processor and combine.
- Take a tablespoon of the cheese and shape it into a ball around the grape on the stick.
- The ball of the cheese has the last grape on the stick in the center. So the stick has bread first, grape second and grape-centered cheese ball on top.
- Roll the cheese into the pecan-bacon-herb mixture and set into a fun cylinder-shaped container like a tall mason jar and serve.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT