Pullman Mini Apple Pie Pops & White Cheddar Frosting
Washington State Cougars
- 1 (10-oz.) can prepared apple pie filling, pulsed in food processor once or apple-filling
pieces need to be cut into smallish chunks
- 2 store-bought pie dough (1 pkg.)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Food coloring
- 1/2 cup crushed Cheez-It® White Cheddar
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- Unroll pie crusts; use a 1-1/2-inch-round biscuit cutter to make 20 rounds of dough.
- Place a wooden Popsicle stick on top of one of the rounds, and then spoon a small amount (about 1-1/2 teaspoons) of your apple pie filling into the center of the pie round.
- Lay a second round over the top of the apple filling.
- Press the edges of the round together with a fork.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake mini apple pies in an oven preheated to 400°F for 8-10 minutes, or just until the edges begin to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to make glaze.
- Tint with food coloring and then spoon over cooled mini apple pie. Sprinkle with crushed Cheez-It® Crackers and allow the glaze to harden slightly before serving.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT