Blacksburg Peach Bread with Cheddar Crumble
Virginia Tech Hokies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of mint, chiffonade
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 pkg. of crescent dough rolled out 1/8 inch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter (chilled & diced)
- 1 cup Cheez-It® White Cheddar
Whiskey Cream Sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Remaining cinnamon butter mixture from above
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt; stir until combined. Heat grill to high.
- Brush peaches with oil and grill until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Dice the grilled peaches and add to the filling mixture.
- Reserve the remaining cinnamon/brown sugar/butter mixture for the whiskey cream sauce.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the filling ingredients. Incorporate the grilled chopped peaches gently.
- Roll the two packages of crescent rolls into one large oblong sheet. Place the filling into the center of the bread.
- Fold up all sides of the bread leaving a long center opening, exposing the filling of the bread.
- Add the prepared white cheddar crumble to the center portion of the bread.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor except butter; add butter a few pieces at a time and pulse until all is incorporated into a dry crumble, but when pressed together it holds shape.
Whiskey Cream Sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine whipping cream and butter; add remaining cinnamon/brown sugar/butter mixture for the whiskey cream sauce.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
- Add bourbon and cook for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT