Ft. Worth Smoked Sausage Scramble Sandwiches
TCU Horned Forgs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup small diced smoked sausage
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar
- 6 hot dog buns
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onions, sausage and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add the eggs and continue cooking, stirring often, for about a minute until the eggs begin to set.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Continue cooking until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- To serve, divide the mixture evenly between the hot dog buns.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT