Texas Spicy Fajitas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57®
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Sugar In The Raw®
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat a cast iron griddle to cook medium hot.
- Preheat the outdoor grill to cook direct at high heat.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and then in 1/2-inch strips.
- Cut the onion in half and then in 1/2-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peppers, onion and Heinz 57®.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, granulated garlic, granulated onion, cumin, sugar and cayenne. Mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the griddle.
- Add the pepper and onion mixture to the griddle.
- Season with the spice blend.
- Top with the garlic and a little more of the oil if needed.
- Cook for 5 minutes, tossing once halfway.
- Meanwhile, season the steak with the remaining spice blend.
- Place the steak on the grill directly over the fire. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the steak and toss the pepper blend. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 125°F for medium-rare.
- Remove the steak to a cutting board and the peppers to a bowl.
- Wrap the tortillas in a double layer of aluminum foil and place them on the grill to warm.
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain.
- Put the steak and the pepper blend on a platter.
- Serve with the warmed tortillas and fresh salsa.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT