South Carolina Grilled Shrimp and Jalapeno Grits
South Carolina Gamecocks
||Approx. 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs. extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Sugar In The Raw®
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 cups prepared grits, per the package directions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- Chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Prepare the grill to cook direct at 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, paprika, sugar, granulated onion, granulated garlic and cayenne.
- Season the shrimp liberally with the spice rub.
- Spray a perforated cooking grid with vegetable spray.
- Put the shrimp on the grid and put the grid on the grill. Cook for three minutes.
- Flip the shrimp and cook another 3 minutes until opaque and fully cooked.
- While the shrimp are cooking, add the cheese and jalapeno to the grits and mix well.
- Remove shrimp from grill.
- Place the grits on a large plate and top with the shrimp.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT