Clemson Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Shrimp
||5 to 10 minutes
||20 to 25 minutes
||2 to 3 minutes
||25 to 35 minutes
- 24 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24 slices of bacon
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and cut lengthwise into 24 strips
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Coca-Cola®
- Prepare the grill to cook over direct at 400°F.
- Lay a slice of jalapeno on each shrimp and then wrap in bacon going around the shrimp and then over the top lengthwise.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped shrimp on a perforated cooking grid and place it on the grill.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce with the Coca-Cola®. Mix well.
- After the shrimp have cooked for 15 minutes, baste them with barbecue sauce/ Coca-Cola® mixture.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked.
- Transfer to a platter to serve.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT