Pittsburgh Italian Chili Mac
||6 to 8
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 bottle Heinz® 57 Sauce
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 4-5 basil leaves, rough chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Slices of garlic bread
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- Boil water and cook pasta in salted water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and add the beef; break it up and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Once meat is browned, add the onions peppers, mushrooms and garlic; cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the stock and tomatoes; simmer the sauce for 10 minutes and then add the basil at the last minute.
- Drain the pasta, put in a casserole dish and add sauce.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT