Oregon Coke® Zero-yaki Marinated Chicken Thighs
||4 hours, 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Coke® Zero
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh crushed ginger
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 rice cakes
- Pineapple chunks
- Chopped red bell pepper for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Place the thighs in a large, heavy-duty zip bag. Pour the marinade over the thighs and move them around to coat well.
- Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. The longer you marinate the thighs, the deeper the flavor will be.
- Prepare the outdoor grill to cook direct over medium-high heat.
- Remove the thighs from the bag and place them directly on the cooking grate. Discard the marinade.
- Cook the thighs for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping occasionally until they reach an internal temperature of 180°F.
- Lay a thigh on each rice cake, top with a pineapple chunk and sprinkle with red bell pepper pieces.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT