Arizona Mr.Yoshida Flank Steak Quesadillas
||4 hours, 20 minutes
- 1 small, whole flank steak, about 1 lb.
- 1-1/2 cups Mr. Yoshida's® Marinade
- 12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 18 slices pepper jack cheese, cut into triangle halves
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- About 4 hours before you plan to cook, place the flank steak in a large, heavy-duty zip bag. Pour the marinade over it.
- Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Refrigerate, occasionally tossing the steak around in the bag to ensure good coverage from the marinade.
- Prepare the grill to cook hot. Remove the steak from the marinade and place directly on the grill.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until well browned.
- Flip and cook another 4 to 5 minutes until well browned on the second side and cooked to an internal temp of 125°F.
- Remove the steak to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay out six of the tortillas and divide the cheese evenly among them, spreading it over the whole surface of each tortilla.
- Top the cheese with green onions, tomato and cilantro, distributing it all evenly.
- Slice the steak thinly across the grain.
- Lay the slices of steak on top of each quesadilla in a single layer.
- Prepare griddle or a large skillet to cook at medium heat.
- Oil the griddle lightly.
- Carefully pick the quesadillas up and place them on the griddle.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Using a large spatula, carefully flip the quesadillas and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown on the second side and the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut each into six triangular slices.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT