Stillwater No Messin' Around Sloppy Jo Bowls
Oklahoma State Cowboys
||3 to 8 hours
||Approx. 3 to 8 hours
- 12 slices of hearty sourdough sandwich
bread flattened by a rolling pin
- 1/4 cup of melted butter for buttering
the muffin tin
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Heinz 57®
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Lea & Perrins®
- 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 finely diced tomato
- 24 mini dill pickles
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion powder and minced garlic.
- Cook over a medium heat; stir frequently until beef is browned and crumbled. Drain well.
- Combine Heinz 57®, bell pepper, celery, water, brown sugar, mustard, Lea & Perrins® and chili powder in slow cooker; add meat mixture and stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Spoon mixture into toasted cheesy bread cups.
- Top with cheese and finely diced tomato.
- While Sloppy Joe mixture is slow cooking, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush muffin tin with melted butter.
- Trim crust from bread, flatten bread with a rolling pin and press bread into buttered tins.
- Trim extra bread from around tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT