Cincinnati Chili Cheez-It® Dogs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground all spice
- 8 good-quality hot dogs, not too thick
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Cheez-It® Crackers
- Break the ground beef into small pieces with your hands, placing it into a medium saucepan off the heat.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix well. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Lower the heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the sauce is too thin, cook it a little longer, and if it's too thick, add a little beef broth.
- Check for salt and add if needed.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare a griddle to cook at medium heat.
- Place the dogs on the griddle and cook, turning often, until lightly browned and heated through.
- Place a dog on each bun.
- Top with a couple spoons of the chili and a sprinkle of crushed Cheez-It® Crackers.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT