Raleigh Gouda-Bacon Grilled Cheese Mini Sandwiches
NC State Wolfpack
- 1 lb. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb. butter, melted
- 4 oz. apricot preserves
- 32 pieces of baguette (1/8-inch slices)
- 1 lb. sliced smoked gouda cheese, cut in quartered pieces
- 16 slices avocado
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked crisp, snapped in half
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a baking sheet, place mushrooms and onions; drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425°F. Once roasted, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of melted butter with the apricot preserves; set aside
- Preheat your griddle to 450°F.
- Lay out 16 slices of baguette.
- Brush one side with the apricot preserves/butter mixture and place for 1 minute on the hot griddle.
- While the bread is browning on that side, brush the uncooked side with melted butter. Then, take off the grill and set aside.
- Lay out remaining 16 slices of baguette and brush with butter and place on hot griddle for one minute.
- While the bread is browning on that side, brush the uncooked side with more melted butter. Take off the griddle and set aside.
- Next, on the hot griddle, place the uncooked side of the16 slices that have been brushed with apricot/butter.
- While that side is browning, top with 2 slices of quartered gouda, mushrooms, onions, avocado, 2-1/2 pieces of bacon and another 2 slices of gouda.
- Put the cooked/butter side of one of the remaining 16 slices on top. Flip and cook until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT