Mississippi Griddle-Fried Catfish
Ole Miss Rebels
||4 to 6
- 2 lbs. catfish filets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. cayenne, divided
- 2 tsp. paprika, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup On The Border® Salsa
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Dressing
- Prepare the grill to cook direct at 400°F with a cast iron griddle on the cooking grate.
- Put the flour on a flat plate and add half of the salt, cayenne and paprika. Mix well.
- Place the cornmeal on a flat plate and add the remaining salt, cayenne and paprika. Mix well.
- Break the eggs into a shallow bowl and add the water. Mix well.
- Dredge each filet in the flour, coating on all sides. Shake off any excess.
- Dip the filet into the egg wash, covering all sides. Shake off any excess. Dredge the filet in the cornmeal, coating evenly on all sides.
- Prepare as many filets as will fit on your griddle before cooking. Add enough vegetable oil to the griddle to coat well.
- When the oil is hot, add the catfish and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook another 2 minutes until golden brown on the second side.
- Transfer the fish to a plate covered with a paper towel to rest for 1 minute.
- For the sauce, combine the salsa and ranch in a small bowl and mix well. Serve on the side.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT