Ames Coke®-Soaked Pork Tenderloin
Iowa State Cyclones
||30 to 40 minutes
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1-1/4 lbs. each
- 1 cup Coke®
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins®
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. granulated onion
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Trim any excess fat or silverskin from the tenderloins and place them in a large, heavy-duty zip bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Coke®, soy sauce, Lea & Perrins®, brown sugar, granulated garlic, granulated onion, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour over the tenderloins.
- Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours (preferable 24 hours).
- Prepare the grill to cook direct over medium heat.
- Remove the tenderloins from the marinade and wipe them dry.
- Place directly on the cooking grate and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip 1/3 of the way over and cook another 5 minutes until golden brown on the second side.
- Flip to the final side and glaze heavily with the marinade, then discard the rest.
- Continue cooking and flipping until the tenderloins are well browned and cooked to an internal temperature of 150°F.
- Remove to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice to serve.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF | PRINT