SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS SURF & TURF TAILGATE STYLE
By Laurie Figone, CBK Online Recipe Contest Winner
- 1 lb filet mignon
- 2 fresh cooked Dungeness crabs ~2 lbs. each (3 cups shelled crab meat)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 loaf sourdough french bread
- Chardonnay sauce (recipe below)
- Louie dressing (recipe below)
- Rub filets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside until grilling time.
- Shell crab. Keep crab in refrigerator until assembly.
- Heat grill to 400°. Split French bread down the middle lengthwise. Brush each cut half with olive oil. Grill bread, cut side down until nicely toasted. Remove from grill until assembly time. Grill filets until medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side, turning once.
- Let meat sit for 5 minutes. Slice, against the grain, into thin strips. Layer evenly on top of grilled bread. Drizzle with Chardonnay Sauce.
- Divide crab meat evenly over grilled meat. Drizzle with Louie Dressing. Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley for garnish.
- Slice and serve.
- 2 cups Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- Simmer Chardonnay over low heat until reduced to 1 cup (takes about 20 minutes). Stir in butter, until melted. Add Worcestershire, parsley and garlic. Keep sauce warm until serving or reheat when ready to assemble.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Stir together until blended. Refrigerate until assembly.